Monday, July 27, 2009

India's gift to me

I sincerely apologize for my brief hiatus. I have lots of half-written posts I'm eager to finish and put online. All it's going to take is a little motivation on my part. Unfortunately, the past few days have been spent fighting some of the nastier little microbes India has to offer. Thus, I've been unable to put the time and effort into my latest post regarding our recent trip to Mumbai.

Aside from the various illnesses we've contracted while we're here, India has had a few other gifts for us. One is compliments of our dhobis--slightly browner and (in the case of my socks) slightly longer clothing. Another is compliments of a different power supply and a cheap power converter: a room that is starting to get more and more full of electronic devices that no longer work (currently on the list of casualties: a DSLR camera, 2 cell phones, and an iPod that seems to be a bit finicky).

I aim to post a few more posts before I leave for home Wednesday night, and then once I get back hopefully I'll have the time (and more importantly, the motivation) to put in a couple final posts with reflections on the trip. It's hard to believe that this summer is almost over, and while we're anxious to get home, it will be a bittersweet departure from India.

No comments:

Post a Comment